2. The wealth of the mind is the only wealth.
3. Life is a horse, and either you ride it or it rides you.
4. Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.
5. Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule.
6. Life is fine and enjoyable, yet you must learn to enjoy your fine life.
7. Life is but a hard and tortuous journey.
8. You can't judge a tree by its bark.
9. Sharp tools make good work.
10. Wasting time is robbing oneself.
11. Nurture passes nature.
12. There is no garden without its weeds.
13. A man is only as good as what he loves.
14. Wealth is the test of a man's character.
15. The best hearts are always the bravest.
16. One never lose anything by politeness.
17. There's only one corner of the universe you can be sure of improving, and that's your own self.
18. The world is like a mirror: Frown at itand it frowns at you; smile, and it smiles too.
19. To be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds.
20. Variety is the spice of life.
21. Bad times make a good man.
22. There is no royal road to learning.
23. The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.
24. A man's best friends are his ten fingers.
25. Only they who fulfill their duties in everyday matters will fulfill them on great occasions.
26. The shortest way to do many things is to only one thing at a time.
27. Sow nothing, reap nothing.
28. Life is real, life is earnest.
29. Life would be too smooth if it had no rubs in it.
30. Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions form insufficient premises.